We had a nice New Year's Eve at home with a bottle of Champagne and some Boon's Thai food. We spent New Year's Day making a prime rib roast and enjoying it with friends and watching OU win the Fiesta Bowl.
Jonathan went snowboarding again last weekend while I went to Durango and spent the day with a girlfriend Melissa trying out a new wine bar/bistro (do not recommend it) and some shopping. Jonathan's ribs are a little tender this week after a good fall so he's taking it easy to be ready for another snowboarding trip next weekend.
We're going to have a dinner and bowling for Jonathan's birthday with friends. Our friend Andrew is coming in from Louisiana that weekend as well and staying with us. The New Hire Network is having a ski trip to Pagosa Springs (Wolf Creek) on the 15th so Jonathan is going to that and I'm going to have a spa day if everything goes as planned with Melissa in Pagosa or Durango.
Sounds like an international trip is more realistic for me than I thought originally. My boss mentioned getting my passport ready to go in 2-3 months to Poland on his next trip there. It may take me that long to be ready. I'm a little nervous about the idea of it, but excited.
Jonathan's got a few trainings coming up in Feb. and April this year. We're trying to plan on me going to the 1st Feb. trip with him to New Orleans, but nothing for sure yet.
We've been limiting Daphne's free rain recently. She's decided recently to start eating random things in the house. This is a new thing for her and we DO NOT like it. I think she's getting bored because it's been so cold and snowy out she hasn't been able to run off all her energy, so she's using it up being a bad girl. Today she was trapped in the bathroom with a couple of toys and no trash. She did good. No more eating the comforter and then having it come back up all over the half eaten comforter, if you know what I mean. Hopefully the dog park will be seeing us again very soon.
Sending lots of love from Farmington. Waiting for visitors, our guest room has been empty for way too long!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment