Last night I was outside playing with Daphne. I was sneaking up on her and she was getting ready to run, because she loves being chased. She turned her head fast and smacked her face, really hard, into the bar on our patio. I instantly paniced and went over to her. She was making a weird face and opening and stretching her mouth.
Once I got her to calm down from the shock of it and being hurt, I check out her mouth and noticed her canine was split down the middle (top to bottom). I panic again, and try and find Jonathan who is oblivious at this point. I get inside and he check it out.
We don't know what to do, never seen a dog crack a tooth! :) We google it! And decide we will keep and eye on her and see what happens. In about 5 minutes half of the tooth falls out on the floor. There is no blood and she looks to be fine, so we think she will be fine. She's chewing on her raw hide, she's fine. The rest of the tooth is pretty sharp and jagged looking though.
This morning I made sure to watch her eat her food and make sure she could eat okay. She did great. When I got home for lunch I check her out again. She seemed fine but there was food stuck in the tooth and looked to be in the gum which was a little white at the top of the tooth.and she was pawing at her mouth.
I called the vet, talked with the treatment specialist and they suggested the tooth get pulled to avoid an infection. The tooth will fall out since she's a puppy but that could make it more difficult. I made an appointment for this afternoon to have her tooth pulled. I'm leaving work early and taking her in in an hour. They will have to put her under for this procedure.
I'm happy she's going to be okay. I didn't
We are going camping tonight, so this should be interesting. She's probably going to be sleeping all evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment