Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Busy, Busy...

We have finally recovered from the camping trip this weekend. It was really cold both nights, that second morning everything was covered in a nice layer of frost, but the days were great and we enjoyed hiking around the mountains in Silverton, CO and driving some trails. We got more rocks, of course, from the old mines in Silverton. We can’t make a trip there without getting at least a hand full for the house/yard and for Jonathan’s office.

We’ve got a busy next couple of weeks.

Thursday night we are going to our friends from LA house for some “Cajun” dancing. Their aunt is a professional dancer and they are having some friends over for gumbo, pralines and other LA favorites and dance lessons. She’s going to be teaching the Jitter Bug, two stepping and the Waltz. I’m excited I got Jonathan to agree to do this. I think it will be a lot of fun.

This Saturday we are having a co-bachelor/bachelorette party in Durango for our friends Curt & Erin that are getting married next weekend. We should have a 20 people coming. It should be a good time.

Then next week we have the rehearsal Thursday night and the wedding Saturday. I'll be busy all day Saturday since I'm the "go to" person for Erin. She doesn't want to know about any problems or questions so I will be helping out with all of that since I helped with a lot of the initial details with her vendors. I will have to drive to the location really early to be there by around 8-9. It’s North of Durango (approx. 1 hr. ½ drive) so I’m going to have a long day with all of that. But I'm excited, it will be a fun day.

Jonathan and I have been playing a lot of ping pong lately on our new table. It’s currently in the garage so it gets hot fast, but we hope to fix up our backyard soon and move out under the patio. We’ve also been playing a lot of pool with friends after work. I’m pretty horrible, but it’s a lot of fun to wind down after work before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment