Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why are weekends so short

We decided Saturday morning we wanted to go for a drive to Silverton, CO and see what trails were open and how much snow was left. We had a great day. We were able to drive around quite a bit considering there was about 10 feet of snow in snow areas. This is a picture of a stop on the highway between Durango and Silverton. Usually there is a large parking lot, trails, a look out spot and restrooms. This is what we saw when we pulled up, thinking we would go to the look out and get some nice pictures.


Jonathan found that out the hard way in one area. The snow was packed really firm, walking on it you didn't sink in at all. Jonathan got a little too comfortable on it and stepped in one spot and feel in up to his waist. After I recovered from laughing I realized he was soaked from the waist down and got some heat going in the truck. That was a priceless site!!!

We did get some beautiful shots. I've added some of my favorites below.




We are thinking we will use some of our favorite travel pics in one or both of our guestrooms in the new house for our walls. Maybe even showing the four seasons on each wall if we have enough of each.

We will be able to start moving into our new house on the weekend of May 15th. We can't wait. We're already started packing up winter clothes and things we don't use reguarly.

I can't believe it is almost May already. We're two weeks away from being back in OK for a few days. Also, a month away from our 1 year wedding anniversary and moving to NM. That really seems impossible. It sounds corny, but time does flies!!! I can't wait to see family and friends again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment