Daphne is doing great. Yesterday afternoon and evening she was really sleepy. She was spayed early afternoon and was sleeping off the medicine they gave her a lot.
Last night was very hard on me. We couldn't let her outside because of her stitches so we tried to keep her in the guest bathtub. We watched a DVD about house breaking and it said to put her in a cage. We didn't want to get a cage so we tried to block off half the tub and put her bed in the other half. We closed her up in the bathroom and she started yelping!! She eventually found out she could get stuck if she climbs around too much on the stuff that was "blocking" her in. We un-stuck her and put her back in the tub. Pretty soon after that we heard her walking down the hall. We decided the tub wasn't working and put towels in the bathroom floors with her bed and toys. She howled off and on all night. I was suffering with her. That was painful for me to listen to. Jonathan was snoring away after a while so I suffered alone. We think she's pretty lonely sleeping alone. She was with 4 others in her pin at the shelter so she'll have to get used to this change.
Today she was a lot of fun. This morning, we woke up to a clean bathroom floor. And a pup that already seems to know to poppy outside. She had a little accident in the bathroom while I was getting ready for work, but that was after breakfast. Next time I'll take her outside right away. She didn't freak out with my hair dryer. I was nervous about using it. Jonathan was already gone to work and I didn't want to let her out of my sight and find lots of puddles throughout the house later. She didn't like her reflection in the mirror much, but loved my house shoes. I donated them to her since I've been needing new ones. The rest of the morning went great. She went to her bathroom easy.
At lunch she was ready to go outside, but still no accidents in the bathroom. She couldn't have learned potty outside only yet, could she?! I hope she has!! She was very playful for lunch. I made the mistake of letting her sit with my on the couch for a little bit, now that's where she wants to sit. That's going to have to change ASAP!!! Putting her back in the bathroom was hard. She didn't want to go and it was tough for me to leave her like that.
I hope tonight is better for sleeping!! I also hope she's not just playing a trick on us continues to potty outside!
We are going to a BBQ Friday night that's sponsored by a local company that works with COP. Saturday we are having a big BBQ for dinner for my birthday! It should be a fun and busy week!
No comments:
Post a Comment