
Summer is over, but man, was it a great one. After Jonathan and I got settled in to our house in Farmington we were always on the move. Most weekends we were off on exploring our duplex. We've gone camping, trout fishing, salmon snagging, hiking, exploring old silver mines and trail riding. My most memorable experience was climbing Engineer Mountain. The mountain is between Durango and Silverton, CO. It is a beautiful area, but besides that, it was my first real hike and it was great. I didn't make it to the top, about 1,000 feet short of it. We started at around 10,000 feet and the peak is 13,000. It is a tough hike, but I am excited to concur it next summer.
As fall began we took one last camping trip in Silverton, CO and were lucky enough to see the beautiful colors of fall in this area. We also got a visit from my parents in mid-October. It was a fun time. We showed them some local sites and took a day trip to Mesa Verde. I think we all enjoyed it.
We will be in Oklahoma for 8 or 9 days in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment